from the heart of chandler jo NEW FEED:

Friday, March 6, 2009

Who do you say that I am?

Jesus asked His disciples this question, subsequently, He asks all His followers this question when we read Matt 15:16, Mark 8:29, or Luke 9:20.


"...He asked His disciples, 'Who do the people say that the Son of Man is?' And they said, 'Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.' He said to them, 'But who do you say that I am?' Simon Peter replied, 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.' And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven..." Matthew 16:13-17

The part that has been getting me is the question, "But who do you say that I am?" Jesus asks those closest to Him to confess to Him who they say He is. This fact has been knocking on my heart. Who do I say that He is? Do I even say He is...? Does the time I spend talking reflect His worth, who He is? Jesus, have I told You who You are today? Have I told anyone else?


"I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." Psalm 34:1

David was by no means a perfect man, but he knew before the Lord sent His Son as the exact representation of the Father what the Lord was looking for. Read the whole Psalm 34. He continually praised the Lord and blessed Him at all times, confessing what the Lord had done for him. David was crazy in love with our Lord. He couldn't stop talking and singing about the works of the Lord.

Jesus was asking for a confession of who He was. He is still asking His followers. Before He ascended to heaven to prepare the New Jerusalem for us He gave us instruction!

"Then He said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, and that the repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in His name to all nations...You are witnesses of these things." Luke 24:46-48

We are also witnesses of these things by the Holy Spirit and through the scriptures and the testimony of what Jesus' suffering and resurrection has done in our lives.

David proclaimed:


"The Lord redeems the life of His servants; none of those who take refuge in Him will be condemned." Psalm 34:22

What am I saying with my mouth!? Meaningless mindless chatter has filled it 75% of my waking moments. I confess that I am not walking this out yet, but in the Lord's strength I will be proclaiming like David and Peter, "The Lord sent Jesus Christ and has redeemed my life, I am no longer condemned in His name, by His blood!!" I'm guessing the story of His redemption in my life will be a little longer like one of David's psalms. The testimony He's given me is a long list of redemption, praise Him! I want to commit to testifying to who Jesus is daily because someone who's crazy in love with Him can't help but talk about Him. More than one time a day I hope we speak of how:

"When the Lord brought back those in captivity to Zion, we were like those who dream. Then our mouth was filled with laughter; and our tongue with shouts of joy; then they said among the nations, 'The Lord has done great things for them.' The Lord has done great things for us; we are glad." Psalm 126:1-3

Days ahead will show who is crazy in love with Jesus. Shaking times will come. The economy's decline is a foretaste of much much more shaking for those who have built their lives around anything but the solid rock of the testimony of Jesus Christ, the Word of God. Some claim Christianity, but have no testimony of Jesus in their lives. Some will fall away and worship other beings, some worship them now. Even the Beloved Apostle, John, was shaken up by the angel who was revealing Jesus to him:

"...'You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.' For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." Revelation 19:10
Testifying of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. He commissioned the disciples (and us) to proclaim His testimony to all the nations. I need to start embracing the spirit of prophecy, as the bride of Christ. Sometimes I get tempted to be overwhelmed by the darkness or fear (which is darkness). I must hold to the truth found in the Word of God that this will come to pass:

"And they (the brethren, aka those crazy in love with Jesus) have conquered him (the accuser, aka satan) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death" Revelation 12:11
This is our "one-two punch" (an unbeatable combination) to the powers of darkness, becoming so crazy in love with Jesus that we will hold to the testimony of who we say He is no matter what. Speaking the word of our testimony of Jesus and believing in the power of His blood to overcome every obstacle the enemy places in our paths. Start one-two punching as soon as possible, I'll join you.
Jesus has redeemed me from a life of perversion. He has been the Truth when all I believed were lies. Jesus has broken the power of addiction through a Holy Spirit empowering. The Father's love was so huge that He sent His Son to die in my place because He wants me in His presence for all eternity, even while I was dark and full of sin He loved me. The power of Jesus' blood has washed me whiter than snow. I am no longer condemned, I am more than a conqueror walking in robes of righteousness through Jesus' sacrifice. He's made me a part of His Kingdom and my citizenship is there. Jesus has made me a priest to God, I can boldly approach the Throne of grace by His blood. I will be in constant union with The Father, Son and Holy Spirit for all of eternity and will reign on the redeemed earth in His kingdom forever because of His love for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment