from the heart of chandler jo NEW FEED:

Thursday, July 23, 2009

there is no other.

There's some time now to reflect but it seems like that has been the theme for a year or so.
Reflection, pondering, to think upon and wonder about...
I'm sure that there's some who expect a melancholy dramatic writing from this author.
But as I gaze upon the goodness of the original Author, I must confess again and again how faithful is the Lord Jesus Christ, how unchangeable is His nature.  

He hasn't forgotten His promises to us.
He isn't mostly upset or angry when He looks upon us.
His heart is burning with love, because He actually IS Love.
All His ways are wonderful, I know that full well.

I can't and would not change this season for anything.
There's nothing wrong about framing this stage in this life.
I am able to smile today because it's not wrong to rejoice in His perfect timing.
You cannot tell me I must be angry at Him. 
You cannot rightly encourage me to shake a fist at the One 
who has loved me with an everlasting love. 
He's the only Rock, the only steadfast One to cling to.

More than that He's given us the Son to reconcile us to Him.
So not by my effort or vain attempts to reach Him have I come to know Him.
I know Him because He first knew me.
Only by Jesus' blood do I walk in righteousness before the Father.
Only by the Holy Spirit will I walk into all truth.
This is the absolute joy of my being, 
my ultimate destiny, to be known by the Creator and to know Him.

I cannot come to Him without Him drawing me.
No other brings me to Him, but the blood of His Son and His Spirit.
What is my confidence in the dark valley?  
That I will see the fullness of the light of His countenance.
My true home is in dwelling with Him in the New Jerusalem...
this life is just the beginning, a shadow, a vapor. 
His return will bring the everlasting Kingdom into fullness upon the earth.

There is no one able to give this hope.
There's no other worthy of my life fully given over...
I cannot place my hope on anything else, all else is sinking sand:
Worthy is the Lamb alone to receive every bit of praise.
In Him I live and move and have my being.

No comments:

Post a Comment