from the heart of chandler jo NEW FEED:

Monday, April 20, 2009

the Lamb is my Shepherd

You're the Lamb and my Shepherd.
You know the way to go.
You know the frailty of being a sheep.
You're also able to get me where You want me.

My Shepherd, You kindly break my legs 
to keep me from running off again.
You know how easily I get distracted.
You know what I need.

You bring me along Your righteous path, 
from one glory to another.
Renewing me, restoring me, 
forming me to become like You, the spotless Lamb.
Quiet waters refreshing and washing me -
inwardly, outwardly.

What a kind Shepherd, 
to take on our form and physically
walk the path and become the Way.
You went into the valley's darkness and conquered it 
so we only see the shadow of the valley.

My Shepherd, I trust that You know the way
and care for me to remain in You with You in Your glory,
more than I desire that destination.

You comfort me with Your chastening rod
setting me apart, for Your name's sake.
Though enemies accuse me of hypocrisy,
You prepare a table in their presence and comfort me.
I have been chosen, anointed by You with mercy.

Your fragrance poured out upon my head, my feet,
more joy is set upon me than I can form in words.
You'll present me blameless as You are blameless.
Your goodness, Your mercy, Your steadfast love 
follows me, is with me, is upon me day after day after day.

I will dwell in Your tabernacle forever, with You in Your glory.
In Your house I am adopted and brought in
by the blood, the fragrance poured from You, the slain Lamb.

You are committed to me,
keeping me sincere and blameless, 
without offense to the end.

I will not doubt Your ability,
or Your desire for me.
Your life and death, is the proof.
Death was conquered by the slain Lamb, my Shepherd.
I will be transformed to Your likeness on the day of Your return.

(Psalm 23, Revelation 7:17, Revelation 14:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment